I've got this train set out of the box and on my tracks.
The locomotive is ...
The cars are ...
The caboose is ...
This set comes with brass track, an oval. I'll sell you the track for a good price.
This train set sold in the Loblaws chain of grocery stores for $?CAD, from 1998 November till they were out of stock.
|Ragnar's HO Model Trains Weeb Site|
|President's Choice Train Set #6|
Text on the box:
In honour of the 15th anniversary of the Insider's Report, President's Choice pays homage to another great North American tradition: the Camelback Steam Locomotive. Prevelent from the 1850's to the early 1900s, these mighty haulers were to transport American iron ore into Canada and Canadian timber to the U.S., contributing to the growth of trade between two developing soveregn nations. Camelbacks made regular north-south runs on the Deleware & Hudson railroad and precipitated the expantion of internationsal railroad lines, including the Lake Louis & Province and the Montreal & Lachine.
The unique design of the Camelback engine (also known as "mother Hubbard") was the direct result of the special requirements of the hard coal fuel they utilized. Large volumes of air were required to produce efficient combustion, necessitating unusually large fireboxes and a center cab position.
Modeled after this original trailblazer, this faithful reproduction of this vintage engine is painstakingly detailed. The locomotive has a functioning smokestack with an on/off switch to enable operation of the engine with or without smoke. Authentically styled cars included in the set are: tank car, cattle car, ventilated fresh produce car, skeleton log car with real timber logs secured with metal chains and a commemorative caboose, decorated with our unique markings. This set is available as a limited edition only to enhance its collection value.
Comapatible with all HO scale model electric train sets, including our entire PC Collector's Series range, the PC Camelback Express Train Set is a welcome addition to your collection, or the perfect gift for any train lover.
Made by MEHANO
- 1 skeleton log car with real timber logs secured with metal chains Log car genuine logs
- 1 cattle car CP 470 Cattle car double decker
- 1 ventilated fresh produce car CP 1928 sliding doors
- 1 tank car CP 6
- 1 Caboose commemorative President's Choice Insider's Report
- Engine weight: 264g (9.3 ounces)
- Power pickup from locomotive and tender car
- Opperating locomotive headlight
- Functioning smoke generator in locomotiv's smokestack, Includes on/off switch. Note: shipped in "off" position
- Heavy duty can motor
- Intricately matched smooth running gear transmission
- Functional nickel-plated coined brass driving rods
- Metal boiler hand railings
- Metal coupler lift bar on loco pilot deck and rear of tender
- Gold coloured diecast metal bell
- Talgo mounted coupler on tender
- Pinstriped driving wheel spokes
- Authentically detailed, painted and lettered with unique collector's quality markings
- Will operate on 46cm (18in) radius oval track layout
Compatible with all popular HO brands, including all President's Choice train sets. Authentic period-sized cars are to scale.
- Uniquely designe collector's quality 2-6-0 Camelback steam locomotive with functioning smoke generator
- 3ml vial of smoke fluid to fuel smoke generator
- Tender car with power pickup
- Log car with genuine timber logs
- Cattle car with operating sliding doors double decker CP 470
- Ventilation car with operating sliding doors CP 1928
- Tanker car CP 6
- Drover's Caboose with specialty collector's graphics, commemorating the Insider's Report 15th anniversary
- Quality brass track for oval layout
- Track layout instructions
- CSA-aproved power pack with coecting wires
- Assembly and operation instructions
- Limited warranty
Oval tack layout Includes:
- 1 curved 46cm (18in) radius terminal brass railer
- 11 curved sections of 46cm (18in) radius brass track with rail joiners
- 12 strait sections of 23cm (9in) brass track with rail joiners
- 10 extra brass rail joiners
- 26 track snap locks
- Spare couplers and track snap locks, conecting wires
End of text on the box:
In the box:
President's Choice® Train Set # 6 Manufacturer: Mehano of Slovenia locomotive: 2-6-0 Camelback Steam Engine & Tender CP 785 Heraldry: Black, Red Roof with smoke Rolling Stock: Skeleton Log car with real timber logs secured with metal chains Log car genuine logs
Cattle car CP 470 Very Old double decker Heraldry: Brown
Ventilated Fresh Produce car CP 1928 Very Old sliding doors Heraldry: Yellow
Tank car CP 6 Very Old Heraldry: Black
Caboose: President's Choice Insider's Report Heraldry: Red Track: HO Code 100 Brass Track
12-9" strait & 12-18" radius curved, one with re-railler & power conections, also rail joiners and track snap locks
| © Ragnar Torfason|
2006 November 29